Is it possible for the audit history to exist in another DB?

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:17 PM

How easy would it be to configure AutoAudit so that the audit history table was stored in another database?  I do frequent backups of the production database that I restore for testing and troubleshooting and I don't need the audit history to come along with it.

Are there other options for this?  What have others done?

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2010 at 1:52 PM

This change would not be hard. Just create the audit database and then add the 3-part name including the audit database and schema to the audit table references throughout the code.

-Paul

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 8:18 AM
To: pauln@sqlserverbible.com
Subject: Is it possible for the audit history to exist in another DB? [AutoAudit:226455]

How easy would it be to configure AutoAudit so that the audit history table was stored in another database? I do frequent backups of the production database that I restore for testing and troubleshooting and I don't need the audit history to come along with it.

Are there other options for this? What have others done?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (AutoAudit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email AutoAudit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com