Problem with SQL Dependancy

Sep 21, 2008 at 7:05 PM
I've applied AutoAudit to my test database but when an update comes in I get the following error: -

error in [dbo].[subscriber_modified] trigger.  The transaction ended in the trigger.  The batch has been aborted.

I have another trigger on the table named "Subscriber_AspNet_SqlCacheNotification_Trigger" which was auto generated by SQL Cache Dependancy for the ASP.net web apps.  When removed the error goes away and AutoAudit's triggers work perfectly fine.  Does anyone know why this is?

Many Thanks
Richard

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2008 at 8:50 PM

Can you send to me a script to create the tables in question? If I can replicate the problem, I can probably fix it.

-Paul

pauln@sqlserverbible.com

Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:05 PM
To: pauln@sqlserverbible.com
Subject: Problem with SQL Dependancy [AutoAudit:36134]

I've applied AutoAudit to my test database but when an update comes in I get the following error: -

error in [dbo].[subscriber_modified] trigger. The transaction ended in the trigger. The batch has been aborted.

I have another trigger on the table named "Subscriber_AspNet_SqlCacheNotification_Trigger" which was auto generated by SQL Cache Dependancy for the ASP.net web apps. When removed the error goes away and AutoAudit's triggers work perfectly fine. Does anyone know why this is?

Many Thanks
Richard

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (AutoAudit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email AutoAudit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Can you send to me the code for the ASP trigger as well? Thanks,

-Paul

error in [dbo].[subscriber_modified] trigger. The transaction ended in the trigger. The batch has been aborted.

I have another trigger on the table named "Subscriber_AspNet_SqlCacheNotification_Trigger" which was auto generated by SQL Cache Dependancy for the ASP.net web apps. When removed the error goes away and AutoAudit's triggers work perfectly fine. Does anyone know why this is?

Many Thanks
Richard

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (AutoAudit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email AutoAudit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2008 at 4:11 AM

Here’s a preview of AutoAudit 1.09

-Paul Nielsen

SQL Server MVP

www.SQLServerBible.com

Many Thanks
Richard